‘One-on-One’ personalised boating experiences
Yes, history cruises are available over winter! (conditions apply)
South Australian History Cruise (2 hours)
With more twists & turns than the mightly Murray river itself, discover how South Australia’s early history was all about water and
why Goolwa (& the south coast) was such an important factor in the state’s early colonisation.
WINTER PRICING: 2-hour charter cruise availabe for up to 4 persons: $300
Cruises depart from the Coorong Quays marina on Hindmarsh Island.
Explore one of South Australia’s oldest towns & discover the river-trade history, shipwrecks, boats, homes, wildlife & features cruising the gateway to the Murray River & the birthplace of Australia’s first national freight network.
Goolwa is the gateway to the vast inland waterways (over 6,500km’s of rivers) of the Murray-Darling Basin and the birthplace of the paddle-steamer river trade. With the British Empire’s first public railway the South Coast was a major national & international transport hub, with Goolwa the development spark for SA and the Fleurieu Peninsula including Middleton, Port Elliot & Victor Harbor as well as many upstream river towns & regions. With the river trade providing access to huge areas (14%) of inland Australia ideal for agriculture, Goolwa played a major role in the expansion & multi-cultural settlement of Australia across the province of SA and the colonies of VIC & NSW (now also QLD).
Conveniently located just over an hour’s drive from Adelaide,
boating in safe & protected inland freshwater, discover:
• the rich history of Goolwa, including viewing local shipwrecks;
• the reasons for the growth & decline of the paddle-steamers & the river trade;
• the unique geography & environment of the Goolwa Channel & the Lower Lakes;
• the complexities & politics of water allocation across Australia;
• the spectacular boats & waterfront lifestyle associated with property
on the Goolwa Channel or in the Coorong Quays Marina on Hindmarsh Island;
• the wide range of Fleurieu Peninsula and River Murray wildlife;
• the enjoyment of just wetting a line fishing in the freshwaters of the Murray River.
After you have called us on 0402 826 960 and made a reservation date & time for your SA History Cruise, please use the PayPal button below to make your secure online payment and confirm your cruise!